Soroptimist Against Domestic Violence
Soroptimist works to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. A critical part of meeting Soroptimist goals is to advocate for important issues facing women and girls.
Locally, regionally and internationally Soroptimist provides programs like Soroptimist STOP Trafficking, Soroptimist Workplace Campaign To End Domestic Violence, club grants and advocacy.
Did you know?
- One in four women will experience domestic violence during their lifetime
- Every year there are over 10,000 requests for domestic violence shelters in Oregon that cannot be met due to lack of space and resources
- Young women ages 16-24 experience the highest rate of domestic violence: 2 out of every 125 people
- The cost of intimate partner violence annually exceeds $5.8 billion, including $4.1 billion in healthcare expenses, $900 million in lost productivity and $900 million in lifetime earnings
What Can You Do to Help?
- Volunteer your time
- Raise awareness by speaking up
- Don’t ignore the warning signs
- Talk to your legislators
SIG provides major support to:
- Soroptimist Against Violent Environments (SAVE) – Read more
- Red Ladies otherwise known as the silent witness project. We have them for display as requested. Contact us for more information.